"Soul Train"

You made a list.
What should I bring?

I watched as you went
Away on
That train –

My tears waving, your face
Peering through
Dim, clouded glass.

Give me at least
One smile – one wave
Goodbye
One look to say
"You're on my mind"

Packed your soul in a
Suitcase,
Your favorite shoes in a
Bag – got your rum and your
Coke and your love
In a sack – whispering to you
As you pull away … did we forget anything?

Yet as black smoke
Rounds the corner,
I meet our memories
By the track

Please come back.

My face, my truth
I think you forgot to pack us too.

.For the dust has cleared
The train – has vanished.
Searching for
Last words, what I meant to say –
Feeling…ended

Realizing, as my loneliness croons

That who I was bought a
Ticket and is riding
In you.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About this blog

Well, I've decided to start blogging my poetry. I don't think the blog on My Space really fits my writing well - and I figure this way, I'll be much more on top of things.

I've been writing since I was 8 years old. I've taken many creative writing classes - but my biggest inspiration comes from real life events, real life people - each thing you read hits home emotionally for me. I only write descriptions of how I feel or have felt - I don't necessarily imagine what it might feel like - because then I don't feel I'd be truthful with my poetry.

Enjoy - and please always leave comments. I love them.